Internet Fraud and Identity Theft are major problems that we face in our lives. According to the Internet Crime division of the FBI, there were 262,813 Internet crimes reported totaling $781,841,611 in total reported losses during 2013. The average loss for people who reported a monetary loss was just over $6,000.
Here at Allegiant Partners, we’re always looking out for our customers’ security. We put together a list of top tips to help keep your personal information and identity secure:
- Do not disclose personal or transactional information about your Allegiant Partners lease/loan with someone who is not an Allegiant Partners employee
- When providing information online, make sure the web page is secure – the URL begins with “https” or the page has a padlock icon
- Be careful about the programs you install or run
- Use secure passwords with a mixture of symbols, numbers, and capitalized characters
- Be cautious of email attachments from unknown senders
Following simple steps like these will help ensure your identity and personal information stays secure.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to call us.